Hi [First Name] I Don't Give A Shit About You Or Your Success

Ok now I am pissed I received an email from Shawn "mail them until they buy or die" Casey today with the classic Hi [First Name] mistake now this is not just about shawn even though he has done it 2 days on the run it is about the fact of how many Internet Marketing related "ezines" I receive where the sender can not be arsed checking that they have used there autoresponder software correctly. It's patronising enough when I do see my actual first name there without you getting it wrong. If you can't be arsed getting it right don't do it. (Que meet the parents moment) I am a person not traffic or a list even though I know you couldn't give a shit about me or my success you could at least make the effort to look like you do. This will be cool to non internet marketing markets because they will think you made the effort to "personally" email them but your fellow internet marketers know it is just autoresponder software and not the personal touch. So my advice today is if you are going to use the first name trick make sure you do it correctly and preferably save it for non IMers.